-
Problems with install with two disks.
I tried to install knoppix on a system that has two IDE disks in it and ran into several problems. The system was previously running FreeBSD so I know that it wasn't a hardware/BIOS problem.
I ran the install script and then tried to boot from hard disk, but the bios didn't find any OS or boot loader. I then reinstalled and found out that the lilo part of the install failed. I then installed lilo manually but when the machine tried to boot I got the message lilo timestamp mismatch
I then disabled the second disk and from that point on everything was a snap. Lilo was able to boot, I had to reinstall later, but this time when I ran usr/local/bin/knx-hdinstall it ran without any issues.
Similar Threads
-
By moiz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 08:39 PM
-
By bftet in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 03:02 AM
-
By xbenchman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 08:37 PM
-
By timothy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 07:43 AM
-
By sireasoning in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 01-25-2003, 10:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI
$144.00