-
Internal (nonWin)Modem not detected after HD install
Well, I have installed Quantian 0.3 (because of the package), and while it worked fine for a couple of days, the ISA PNP internal modem stopped working. It is detected fine if I start from the CD (I am using it to write this), but for some reason, on the hard disk installation, it is not available.
I haven't changed anything (same kernel and all), and it worked for a while
, so I understand that there's nothing wrong with the modem and/or set-up that I am aware of. The harddisk installation HOWTO doesn't mention any special care, and looking at the system, I can't see where the isapnp modem is configured.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
-
Some more info
Hmmm, me again
I have realised that wvdial and pppconfig were available. I have tried both, and both detect my modem as hanging from /dev/ttyS2, as expected. I only have problems with the detection using kppp, which points to /dev/ttyS2 as the serial port to use. The relevant bit of /etc/sysconfig/hwconf is:
Code:
class: UNSPEC
bus: ISAPNP
detached: 0
driver: unknown
desc: "SupraExpress 56i Sp Intl:Unknown"
deviceId: SUP2171
pdeviceId: SUP2171
compat: SUP2040
native: 0
active: 1
cardnum: 0
logdev: 0
io: 0x3e8
irq: 4
dma: 0,0
Could it be something related to the kppp configuration and/or permissions? I can't recall changing anything...
Similar Threads
-
By cegas in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-16-2005, 07:13 AM
-
By Mic Q in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-17-2004, 02:17 PM
-
By Kerosene in forum The Lounge
Replies: 18
Last Post: 01-19-2004, 03:22 AM
-
By The Fader in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-18-2004, 09:30 PM
-
By maneeshkumar in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-09-2003, 04:18 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore 64/128 RF delete
$25.00

Commodore 64 Console Retro working Home Computer w/ Original Box
$200.00

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$39.99

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

Commodore 128 Case + Keyboard + LED, C128 Computer Parts
$42.50

Vintage Commodore 128 C128 Personal Computer For Parts/No Power Supply
$149.95

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore OS Vision 3.0 | Bootable USB Install | Linux Gaming OS
$24.99