Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: mount cdrom

  1. #1
    new-to-knoppix
    Guest

    mount cdrom

    Hello all-
    I'm use to the supermount cdrom from the redhat-mandrake linux linux

    How do I mount the cdrom drive? I see a /cdrom under root, but no /mnt/cdrom?

    Any help will be appreciated!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    42.3° N 122.9° W
    Posts
    166
    If you can see it on your KDE desktop, you just click on it and it should mount and open. The green arrow on the lower right corner of the desk top cdrom icon indicates it's now mounted.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: mount cdrom

    --If you need to "mount" the cdrom, then you must be running from the HD. Otherwise, all you have to do is ' ls /cdrom '.

    Try (as root of course) :
    ' mkdir /mnt/cdrom ' == JIC
    ' mount /dev/scd0 /mnt/cdrom -oro '
    ' ls /mnt/cdrom '

    --BTW, you can also try mounting sr0, and /dev/cdrom. The mount point you use can also be any existing directory name. (i.e. you can ' mount /dev/scd0 /usr ' -- but I wouldn't try it if I were you.)

    Quote Originally Posted by new-to-knoppix
    Hello all-
    I'm use to the supermount cdrom from the redhat-mandrake linux linux

    How do I mount the cdrom drive? I see a /cdrom under root, but no /mnt/cdrom?

    Any help will be appreciated!

  4. #4
    newby
    Guest

    mount issues

    I have 2 cdroms (there are 2 cdroms) and floopy icons on the desk but get "Unable to run the command specified. The file or directory file:/mnt/floppy does not exist." I tried the mount /mnt/floppy and mount /dev/floppy but it said "Unable to run the command specified. The file or directory file:/mnt/floppy does not exist."

    The cdrom I booted from works though.

    Also when I try to configure the printer it comes back, "Printer list not found"

    Thanks for any help. I appreciate it.

  5. #5
    newby
    Guest
    PS I have tried the above. Mkdir and it says file exists.

  6. #6
    newby
    Guest

    one way

    If I mkdir /ramdisk/floppy
    mount /dev/fd0 /ramdisk/floppy

    then change icon properties - url for the icon it works

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: one way

    --Interesting... You might want to fwd that on to Klaus.

    Quote Originally Posted by newby
    If I mkdir /ramdisk/floppy
    mount /dev/fd0 /ramdisk/floppy

    then change icon properties - url for the icon it works

  8. #8
    Guest
    I don't know who Klaus is or how to forward it to him/her. I wasn't doing it right, that is why it wasn't working at first.

    I still am not finding any printer drivers though. Any suggestions about that? Thank you.

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    42.3° N 122.9° W
    Posts
    166
    Printer drivers are there. I went into the KDE menu and found them under Knoppix configure printer. I found my printer but I'm out of black ink at the moment and can't tell you if the CUPS driver works. If your printer isn't listed maybe you can download a linux driver and put it on your HD to be pulled up and installed each time you're in Knoppix.

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041
    --Klaus Knopper, (our Hero) is the guy who created and maintains Knoppix. He's slightly German, but we love him anyway. He speakee prettie guud Engwish, two.

    --You SHOULD know who he is, so that's why I post this message.

    See http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
    and
    http://www.knopper.net/kontakt/index...ontakt=knoppix

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I don't know who Klaus is or how to forward it to him/her. I wasn't doing it right, that is why it wasn't working at first.

    I still am not finding any printer drivers though. Any suggestions about that? Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. help...cdrom won't mount
    By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 01:01 AM
  2. How to mount my cdrom ??
    By Braim in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 06:55 PM
  3. can't mount /dev/cdrom
    By coindood in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2004, 01:37 AM
  4. cdrom doesn't mount
    By MattT in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-22-2003, 05:03 AM
  5. mount my CDROM
    By Didier in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2003, 12:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$169.99



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00



Apple Mac Pro 5,1 • 8‑Core 2.26GHz • 14GB RAM • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual NVIDIA picture

Apple Mac Pro 5,1 • 8‑Core 2.26GHz • 14GB RAM • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual NVIDIA

$325.00



AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor

$250.00



AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor

$59.99



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor

$245.99



Intel Xeon W-2245 3.90Ghz 8 Core 16.5MB CPU Processor SRH02 picture

Intel Xeon W-2245 3.90Ghz 8 Core 16.5MB CPU Processor SRH02

$140.00



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00



Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS picture

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS

$259.98