Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How to write a data CD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2

    How to write a data CD

    My computer went haywire, and I cannot access windows. The only reason I know that my data is still on the disk is because I was able to access it when I loaded KNOPPIX. I was wondering if I could write the data from my hardrive (NTFS format) to CD. If anyone has any ideas it would be of great help.

    Thanks.
    -Mike

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    I can't see why not, (I'm asuming that you have a CD drive and a CDR drive) although I'm not entirely sure how Linux sees NTFS permissions. Still, it's worth a dollar to find out!

    I'd use k3b, make sure you have joliet extensions as well as rock ridge and concentrate on data files. You might like to enable long filenames.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2
    I've got to drives on the computer. One of them is CDR drive.

    I haven't tried k3b yet, but when trying other CD writing software, the main problem I had was having enough space on the drive to handle the data that was going to be written. I was wondering if anyone knew a way to work around that issue.

    In the meanwhile I will give k3b a try.

Similar Threads

  1. kdelibs-data
    By Mustang64 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-01-2005, 04:07 AM
  2. Trying to recover data, need help please
    By craigw79 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 12:09 AM
  3. Help me Save my Data!
    By StryDeR in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-08-2004, 03:51 AM
  4. how can i recover data??
    By dreday202 in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-04-2004, 09:03 AM
  5. Data being destroyed?!?!
    By KnoppixFreak in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 02:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025

$22.00



Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408

$354.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$69.00



Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD

$199.00



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED picture

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED

$34.95



New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD

$137.59



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99