Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How to write a data CD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2

    How to write a data CD

    My computer went haywire, and I cannot access windows. The only reason I know that my data is still on the disk is because I was able to access it when I loaded KNOPPIX. I was wondering if I could write the data from my hardrive (NTFS format) to CD. If anyone has any ideas it would be of great help.

    Thanks.
    -Mike

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    I can't see why not, (I'm asuming that you have a CD drive and a CDR drive) although I'm not entirely sure how Linux sees NTFS permissions. Still, it's worth a dollar to find out!

    I'd use k3b, make sure you have joliet extensions as well as rock ridge and concentrate on data files. You might like to enable long filenames.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2
    I've got to drives on the computer. One of them is CDR drive.

    I haven't tried k3b yet, but when trying other CD writing software, the main problem I had was having enough space on the drive to handle the data that was going to be written. I was wondering if anyone knew a way to work around that issue.

    In the meanwhile I will give k3b a try.

Similar Threads

  1. kdelibs-data
    By Mustang64 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-01-2005, 04:07 AM
  2. Trying to recover data, need help please
    By craigw79 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 12:09 AM
  3. Help me Save my Data!
    By StryDeR in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-08-2004, 03:51 AM
  4. how can i recover data??
    By dreday202 in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-04-2004, 09:03 AM
  5. Data being destroyed?!?!
    By KnoppixFreak in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 02:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$282.00



New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM picture

New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM

$19.95



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen9 (P85) P85_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen9 (P85) P85_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99