Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How to write a data CD

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2

    How to write a data CD

    My computer went haywire, and I cannot access windows. The only reason I know that my data is still on the disk is because I was able to access it when I loaded KNOPPIX. I was wondering if I could write the data from my hardrive (NTFS format) to CD. If anyone has any ideas it would be of great help.

    Thanks.
    -Mike

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    I can't see why not, (I'm asuming that you have a CD drive and a CDR drive) although I'm not entirely sure how Linux sees NTFS permissions. Still, it's worth a dollar to find out!

    I'd use k3b, make sure you have joliet extensions as well as rock ridge and concentrate on data files. You might like to enable long filenames.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2
    I've got to drives on the computer. One of them is CDR drive.

    I haven't tried k3b yet, but when trying other CD writing software, the main problem I had was having enough space on the drive to handle the data that was going to be written. I was wondering if anyone knew a way to work around that issue.

    In the meanwhile I will give k3b a try.

Similar Threads

  1. kdelibs-data
    By Mustang64 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-01-2005, 04:07 AM
  2. Trying to recover data, need help please
    By craigw79 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 12:09 AM
  3. Help me Save my Data!
    By StryDeR in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-08-2004, 03:51 AM
  4. how can i recover data??
    By dreday202 in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-04-2004, 09:03 AM
  5. Data being destroyed?!?!
    By KnoppixFreak in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 02:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW picture

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW

$49.99



Apple Macintosh 512K 1MB MacSnap SCSI 128K ROM 800K + 400K Drive Keyboard Mouse picture

Apple Macintosh 512K 1MB MacSnap SCSI 128K ROM 800K + 400K Drive Keyboard Mouse

$995.00



Apple Macintosh 128k 1984 upgraded to Plus includes keyboard mouse picture

Apple Macintosh 128k 1984 upgraded to Plus includes keyboard mouse

$450.00



VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor picture

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor

$250.00



Vintage Apple IIe Platinum 128k Computer A2S2128 ~ Powers On picture

Vintage Apple IIe Platinum 128k Computer A2S2128 ~ Powers On

$250.00



Apple IIe Platinum 128k Computer A2S2128 (Powers On) picture

Apple IIe Platinum 128k Computer A2S2128 (Powers On)

$250.00



Apple IIe Platinum 128k Computer A2S2128 ~ (Powers On) picture

Apple IIe Platinum 128k Computer A2S2128 ~ (Powers On)

$250.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond

$140.00



Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k picture

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k

$300.00



EARLY 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Original ROM SET Dated 1983 TESTED Very RARE picture

EARLY 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Original ROM SET Dated 1983 TESTED Very RARE

$179.99