Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How to write a data CD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2

    How to write a data CD

    My computer went haywire, and I cannot access windows. The only reason I know that my data is still on the disk is because I was able to access it when I loaded KNOPPIX. I was wondering if I could write the data from my hardrive (NTFS format) to CD. If anyone has any ideas it would be of great help.

    Thanks.
    -Mike

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    I can't see why not, (I'm asuming that you have a CD drive and a CDR drive) although I'm not entirely sure how Linux sees NTFS permissions. Still, it's worth a dollar to find out!

    I'd use k3b, make sure you have joliet extensions as well as rock ridge and concentrate on data files. You might like to enable long filenames.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2
    I've got to drives on the computer. One of them is CDR drive.

    I haven't tried k3b yet, but when trying other CD writing software, the main problem I had was having enough space on the drive to handle the data that was going to be written. I was wondering if anyone knew a way to work around that issue.

    In the meanwhile I will give k3b a try.

Similar Threads

  1. kdelibs-data
    By Mustang64 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-01-2005, 04:07 AM
  2. Trying to recover data, need help please
    By craigw79 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 12:09 AM
  3. Help me Save my Data!
    By StryDeR in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-08-2004, 03:51 AM
  4. how can i recover data??
    By dreday202 in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-04-2004, 09:03 AM
  5. Data being destroyed?!?!
    By KnoppixFreak in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 02:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair

$88.75



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2 picture

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2

$70.00



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC picture

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC

$40.00



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm picture

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm

$48.95