What did you change?
Did you recomile the kernel? if so, what compiler did you use to compile the kernel?
Also, you may have bad ram so download and run memtest.
So I followed the guidelines and did my customization of knoppix. After everything, I decided to burn a copy of it to see what I have done and this is what happens:
its starts the usual booting but when it hits starting init processes, right after configuring network interfaces, it stops running and displays the message
INIT: PANIC: segmentation violation at 0*804e241! sleeping for 30secs.
and thats all it saids.Any ideas will be appreciated.![]()
What did you change?
Did you recomile the kernel? if so, what compiler did you use to compile the kernel?
Also, you may have bad ram so download and run memtest.
The things I changed included the removal of kde, customizing mozilla, and removing a number of packages such as netscape. I did not recompile the kernel.
Also, is there anyway to reconfiure the init file or replace it?
I burned a CD straight from the image and I get exactly the same error. Your problem may have nothing to do with your modifications.
I'm having the same problems now too.
My remaster has been a 'work in progress' for about a year, and just now I'm getting these errors.
Anyone find a solution?
- Ambrose
Automounter started for: floppy cdrom.
INIT: PANIC: segmentation viloation at 0x804ec92! sleeping for 30 seconds.
It just loops over and over again.
Is this because I don't have a floppy drive installed?
mb

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99
HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$189.99
Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD
$179.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro
$240.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 4.7GHz Socket AM5 CPU 5600MHz 96MB L3
$355.00