Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Changing some stuff inside /home/knoppix

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Guest

    Changing some stuff inside /home/knoppix

    Hi everybody,

    I'm making a remastered version of Knoppix, with another version of openoffice.org and some additional translations for mozilla. I'd like both to automatically start with the correct settings for my native language instead of popping up the setup tool, so I've put the .mozilla and .openoffice into /etc/skel. But... after burning the CD and rebooting, I can notice that the .mozilla is well in /home/knoppix, but not .openoffice. Not all files from /etc/skel seems to be copied actually - and if I remember correctly the original openoffice config were stored in /etc/skel/.soffice. Any idea about how is /home/knoppix built would be very welcome, since I have to submit the master CD to be burnt and distributed with a computer magazine soon!

    Just the same, but I'd like to remove some icons of KDE's kicker. But the kde config in /etc/skel is just different from the one in /home/knoppix. Actually /etc/skel seems just to be used when you install Knoppix on your HD, unless I missed something...

    Thanks!
    Alex.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    44
    Hey, im developing a localized version too

    Im my case I modifiqued the config files ander /etc/skel/.kde to personalize kde and worked well after I remastered the CD.

    I think you can junt configure kde in your host sistem and copy the entire .kde folder fron /ramdisk/home/knoppix to /etc/skel under your chrooted sistem. Not tested this yet

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    44
    "I think you can junt configure kde in your host sistem and copy the entire .kde folder fron /ramdisk/home/knoppix to /etc/skel under your chrooted sistem. Not tested this yet"

    Ops, I tested i'm my last build. Dont work, a lot of problems to login user Knoppix.

  4. #4
    Numpty
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E_Morimoto
    Hey, im developing a localized version too

    Im my case I modifiqued the config files ander /etc/skel/.kde to personalize kde and worked well after I remastered the CD.

    I think you can junt configure kde in your host sistem and copy the entire .kde folder fron /ramdisk/home/knoppix to /etc/skel under your chrooted sistem. Not tested this yet
    I have had the same problem, in my case getting wine to run and auto start a director application.

    What I found was that the profile seems to be generated from some scripts. The script that copies the profile and the associated directories such as .kde etc is located in /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession , There is a section that copies the profile and lists the directories that it copies. I just added .wine into the list and it worked.

  5. #5
    Guest
    Great - that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot! ^_^

    Alex.

Similar Threads

  1. VMWare Inside KNOPPIX
    By p2o5 in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 05:20 AM
  2. knoppix 3.3 stuff
    By turbine in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2004, 05:40 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-22-2003, 02:57 PM
  4. Get VMware to run *inside* Knoppix?
    By probono in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2003, 06:05 PM
  5. Knoppix inside VMware as client
    By in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-10-2003, 04:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W picture

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W

$285.97



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1... picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...

$324.99