-
Junior Member
registered user
making a new CD
My *other* OS is Windows 2000. I used WinRAR to extract all the files in the knoppix ISO into a folder on my hard-drive, as far as I can tell by viewing the folder with the files and comparing it to a burnt Knoppix CD there is no difference in the files.
So, I used Nero to burn the folder with all the files onto a CD, and once again with a comparison I see no major differences. The only difference I have seen so far is that the proper CD has a volume label of "Knoppix", and the improperly burn CD has a volume label of simply "new"(wich I think is actually empty).
The proper CD works without any trouble. However, for the improper CD, I made a boot floppy(using mkfloppy.bat, which was in the folder on my hard-drive that came from the ISO) and I currently believe I'm running off the "improper" CD(need to get a sharpie to label my CDs....).
What should I try to be able to boot off the "Improper" CD without using a boot disk(assuming there is any *easy* way)?
TIA, L J
Similar Threads
-
By Jessse5935 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-17-2004, 11:57 PM
-
By Tetsuo in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-29-2004, 11:06 AM
-
By sbassi in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-22-2004, 09:09 PM
-
By marcelwalus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-11-2003, 09:01 PM
-
By _r00t- in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-22-2003, 09:33 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99