-
[Solved][PHP-mySQL] How can I developp under Knoppix??
hello,
I have a website which uses PHP and mysql...
I have to continue developping it, because I do not know how to use Linux to developp it...
Could someone explain me how can I program my php-mysql website under linux and test it on my machine without connecting the Internet???
Thxs
Ludo
-
Copy your PHP-, HTML-, ... Files to /var/www (as root) and start the apache-server with : apachectl start
Now you can call your pages in Konqueror or Mozilla:
http://localhost/yourfile.php
-
You have to start MySql as well, the command is 'mysqld' as root.
If you use include() you have to edit the /etc/php4/apache/php.ini file to set the include_path.
And you might have to add the user and pw you use to connect in your scripts to MySql. See the manpage for 'mysqladmin' for this.
- - Edwin
-
If you haven't heard of VMWare to test applications, may I be the first to suggest it. We, the place I work, currently run VMWare to test desktop scenarios, both Windoze and Linux, and Servers, both Windoze and Linux. It gives you the absolute biggest bang for the buck. We are constantly realizing new and innovative ways of utilizing VMWare. Hummmm, sounds like Knoppix doesn't it. Maybe that is why I am here.....C Ya.
-
thxs all!
especially peip and edwin! 
Regards,
ludo
Similar Threads
-
By ilovelinux98 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-23-2005, 09:30 PM
-
By ace in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 14
Last Post: 03-26-2005, 01:40 AM
-
By suprie1983 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-27-2004, 02:41 AM
-
By Coume in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 06:42 AM
-
By antti in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-10-2003, 02:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit
$199.97

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 400800 PAL CPU6502C Sally PCB with PAL ANTIC GTIA G3D
$70.00

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75