/etc/apt/sources.list
#Mplayer, Mencoder
deb http://marillat.free.fr/ unstable main
apt-get install mencoder-686 mplayer-686 avidemux
next gmplayer
mplayer + mencoder = rip
cvs ver is![]()
cheers
I've been working on this for 3 days!
MPlayer won't launch an GUI interface.
Will play from command line.
./configure --enable-gui --enable-png
Installs no errors of any kind.
Also I can't find gui.conf and what to put in it.
I was reading the README, and it said if you had any
library type error's to do this: ldd ./mplayer
NOTE: I HAD NO ERROR AT ALL!
libmad.so.0 => /usr/lib/libmad.so.0 (0x4001f000)
libvorbis.so.0 => /usr/lib/libvorbis.so.0 (0x40036000)
libogg.so.0 => /usr/lib/libogg.so.0 (0x40054000)
libpng12.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0 (0x40058000)
libz.so.1 => /lib/libz.so.1 (0x40080000)
libjpeg.so.62 => /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62 (0x4008d000)
libasound.so.2 => /usr/lib/libasound.so.2 (0x400aa000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x40131000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x40134000)
libfreetype.so.6 => /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6 (0x40183000)
libncurses.so.5 => /lib/libncurses.so.5 (0x401d3000)
libnsl.so.1 => /lib/libnsl.so.1 (0x40212000)
libgtk-1.2.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgtk-1.2.so.0 (0x40225000)
libgdk-1.2.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgdk-1.2.so.0 (0x4034b000)
libgmodule-1.2.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgmodule-1.2.so.0 (0x4037e000)
libglib-1.2.so.0 => /usr/lib/libglib-1.2.so.0 (0x40381000)
libXi.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXi.so.6 (0x403a2000)
libXext.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6 (0x403aa000)
libX11.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6 (0x403b7000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x40474000)
Most all of these are there! (An link to --> the file)
Put /usr/local/lib in /etc/ld.so.conf and did ldconf
ld.so.conf:
/lib
/usr/lib
/usr/local/lib
/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/i486-linuxlibc1/lib
Some kind of libray problem (link) here?
Thanks....
/etc/apt/sources.list
#Mplayer, Mencoder
deb http://marillat.free.fr/ unstable main
apt-get install mencoder-686 mplayer-686 avidemux
next gmplayer
mplayer + mencoder = rip
cvs ver is![]()
cheers
What command are you issuing to start mplayer?
The mplayer gui is started by using "gmplayer"
Thanks Roszczuk !!!
Up and Playing: DVD's !
su <password>
mplayer -dvd 1 -dvd-device /dev/sr1
NOTE: If libdvdread Error - it won't play that DVD, I have quite a few that it won't play.
Problem with subfont.ttf,
REF: http://www.starbreaker.net/linux.php?page_id=1
OR launch gmplayer from root to take care of this problem!
I am trying to follow these instructions for installing MPlayer.Originally Posted by Roszczuk
apt-get install mencoder-686 mplayer-686 avidemux
--> This works without any issues.
However,
next gmplayer
failed because "next" (the command) is not found.
Similarly the remaining two commands also failed.
I am trying to listen to Real Audio files from www.marketplace.org using MPlayer.
Thanks for assisting.

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00
IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER
$349.99
IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00
IBM 02AN553 01LL325 IBM I/OADAPTER PCIe / PCN Internal Server Systems Adapter
$199.99
DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5415+ 8 CORE PROCESSOR 2.9 GHZ SRMGC
$1299.00