I can't say this will solve your problem, but try disabling PNP in your BIOS. That fixed the sound problem on my portable.
My Knoppix runs almost perfectly if not that problem with my sound card. The board is not recognized, but the Yamaha OPL3-SAX shipset is! Then in the configuration utilility it says it can't open /dev/audio. I have no idea what that means, I just what some sound)
If anyone could help, please!
And another thing - how can I play video? xmms won't do it
Thanks
I can't say this will solve your problem, but try disabling PNP in your BIOS. That fixed the sound problem on my portable.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00
Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99
OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00
10GbE pfSense Firewall VPN AES QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 32GB DDR4 256GB SSD
$220.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99
Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install
$174.99
Sophos XG 125 Rev.3 Desktop Firewall 8x GbE 1x SFP Wiped - No Power Adapter
$74.99
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00