Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: hnx-install not found

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1

    hnx-install not found

    Hi,

    I run knoppix 2 to start on console text. But If I run hnx-install it isnt found. I tried to find for it but is not there. how can I install it from text mode? If I start with kde with knoppix and press ctrl+f1 and run knx-install sometimes it is found and some not. The problem is that I am using vmware and cant change to a console with ctrl+f1 from kde.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    94
    Hi ast,

    try the full path:
    /usr/local/bin/knx-hdinstall

    Ciao Martin

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Piraeus / Hellas
    Posts
    121
    I believe you have mis-spelling something... the script that you are looking for called knx-install

    if you can't find try the following command using a console or xterm

    su
    find / -iname knx-install

    and let's see the result...

    Best Regards
    Mike

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    10
    This is a common typo.
    The command ( as root ) is knx-hdinstall.

    javascript:emoticon(%27%3Aroll%3A%27)

    I use KDE. Go to "K" menu, then /Knoppix then Root shell
    and type the above ( have a formatted floppy ready )


    good luck.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041
    --I believe that you have mis-spelt your correction.

    --Anyhow, the way I do it is to type ' knx' and hit Tab for auto-completion. Voila!

    --You can try ' locate hdinstall ', but AFAIK it will always be in /usr/local/bin.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikekgr
    I believe you have mis-spelling something... the script that you are looking for called knx-install

    if you can't find try the following command using a console or xterm

    su
    find / -iname knx-install

    and let's see the result...

    Best Regards
    Mike

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Piraeus / Hellas
    Posts
    121
    yes Dave you are absolute right... I feel bad for my mis spelled command.

    What to say...

    any way I hope the user ast sould have the right HD installation !

    Best Regards
    Mike

Similar Threads

  1. NIC not found after HD install
    By DinB in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2004, 11:44 PM
  2. kernel 2.6 no init found on hd install
    By tortele in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 06:26 PM
  3. NIC Card not found after hd install
    By camper in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-28-2003, 05:47 AM
  4. failed hdd-install (no init found)
    By baldyeti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 10:03 PM
  5. Network not found after hd install.
    By .-=Ronin=-. in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 08:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant DL360 Gen 11 - Xeon Gold 5th Gen - 192 GB DDR5 ECC - 2x 240 GB SSD picture

HP ProLiant DL360 Gen 11 - Xeon Gold 5th Gen - 192 GB DDR5 ECC - 2x 240 GB SSD

$17000.00



HP ProLiant DL380 Gen 11 - 2x Xeon Gold 6th Gen - 512 GB DDR5 - 2x 800 GB HDD picture

HP ProLiant DL380 Gen 11 - 2x Xeon Gold 6th Gen - 512 GB DDR5 - 2x 800 GB HDD

$15000.00



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU picture

Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU

$279.99



Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU picture

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU

$7.95



Dell Precision T3500 Intel Xeon W3550 3.07GHz 24GB NO HDD picture

Dell Precision T3500 Intel Xeon W3550 3.07GHz 24GB NO HDD

$199.99



Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600  Win 10 picture

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10

$109.99