-
hnx-install not found
Hi,
I run knoppix 2 to start on console text. But If I run hnx-install it isnt found. I tried to find for it but is not there. how can I install it from text mode? If I start with kde with knoppix and press ctrl+f1 and run knx-install sometimes it is found and some not. The problem is that I am using vmware and cant change to a console with ctrl+f1 from kde.
-
Hi ast,
try the full path:
/usr/local/bin/knx-hdinstall
Ciao Martin
-
Senior Member
registered user
I believe you have mis-spelling something... the script that you are looking for called knx-install
if you can't find try the following command using a console or xterm
su
find / -iname knx-install
and let's see the result...
Best Regards
Mike
-
Junior Member
registered user
This is a common typo.
The command ( as root ) is knx-hdinstall.
javascript:emoticon(%27%3Aroll%3A%27)
I use KDE. Go to "K" menu, then /Knoppix then Root shell
and type the above ( have a formatted floppy ready )
good luck.
-
Senior Member
registered user
--I believe that you have mis-spelt your correction. 
--Anyhow, the way I do it is to type ' knx' and hit Tab for auto-completion. Voila!
--You can try ' locate hdinstall ', but AFAIK it will always be in /usr/local/bin.

Originally Posted by
mikekgr
I believe you have mis-spelling something... the script that you are looking for called knx-install
if you can't find try the following command using a console or xterm
su
find / -iname knx-install
and let's see the result...
Best Regards
Mike
-
Senior Member
registered user
yes Dave you are absolute right... I feel bad for my mis spelled command.
What to say...
any way I hope the user ast sould have the right HD installation !
Best Regards
Mike
Similar Threads
-
By DinB in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-13-2004, 11:44 PM
-
By tortele in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-14-2004, 06:26 PM
-
By camper in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-28-2003, 05:47 AM
-
By baldyeti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 10:03 PM
-
By .-=Ronin=-. in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-21-2003, 08:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$123.90

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00