Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: hnx-install not found

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1

    hnx-install not found

    Hi,

    I run knoppix 2 to start on console text. But If I run hnx-install it isnt found. I tried to find for it but is not there. how can I install it from text mode? If I start with kde with knoppix and press ctrl+f1 and run knx-install sometimes it is found and some not. The problem is that I am using vmware and cant change to a console with ctrl+f1 from kde.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    94
    Hi ast,

    try the full path:
    /usr/local/bin/knx-hdinstall

    Ciao Martin

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Piraeus / Hellas
    Posts
    121
    I believe you have mis-spelling something... the script that you are looking for called knx-install

    if you can't find try the following command using a console or xterm

    su
    find / -iname knx-install

    and let's see the result...

    Best Regards
    Mike

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    10
    This is a common typo.
    The command ( as root ) is knx-hdinstall.

    javascript:emoticon(%27%3Aroll%3A%27)

    I use KDE. Go to "K" menu, then /Knoppix then Root shell
    and type the above ( have a formatted floppy ready )


    good luck.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041
    --I believe that you have mis-spelt your correction.

    --Anyhow, the way I do it is to type ' knx' and hit Tab for auto-completion. Voila!

    --You can try ' locate hdinstall ', but AFAIK it will always be in /usr/local/bin.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikekgr
    I believe you have mis-spelling something... the script that you are looking for called knx-install

    if you can't find try the following command using a console or xterm

    su
    find / -iname knx-install

    and let's see the result...

    Best Regards
    Mike

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Piraeus / Hellas
    Posts
    121
    yes Dave you are absolute right... I feel bad for my mis spelled command.

    What to say...

    any way I hope the user ast sould have the right HD installation !

    Best Regards
    Mike

Similar Threads

  1. NIC not found after HD install
    By DinB in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2004, 11:44 PM
  2. kernel 2.6 no init found on hd install
    By tortele in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 06:26 PM
  3. NIC Card not found after hd install
    By camper in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-28-2003, 05:47 AM
  4. failed hdd-install (no init found)
    By baldyeti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 10:03 PM
  5. Network not found after hd install.
    By .-=Ronin=-. in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 08:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW picture

Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW

$30.89



LOT of 9 Samsung PM871b 2.5

LOT of 9 Samsung PM871b 2.5" 256GB SSD SATA 6.0Gbps MZ-7LN256C MZ7LN256HAJQ

$209.95



Samsung PM961 256GB,Internal (MZ-VLW2560) NVMe picture

Samsung PM961 256GB,Internal (MZ-VLW2560) NVMe

$28.90



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00



Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc picture

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc

$27.99



Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible picture

Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible

$39.00



Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2 picture

Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2

$89.00



Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD picture

Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD

$59.99



Lot of 6 Samsung PM871 256GB 2.5” SATA 6Gbps SSD MZ-7LN2560 picture

Lot of 6 Samsung PM871 256GB 2.5” SATA 6Gbps SSD MZ-7LN2560

$144.95



Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/  64 gig/WIFI picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI

$85.00