-
Booting from floppy after Hdd install
I'm a reasonably experienced windows user but I want to start using linux, knoppix was the best and easiet version I've come across.
I have a windows partition on my first drive.
I decided to install knoppix on my second hdd.
All went well and eventually I was asked to create a boot floppy, I did and all seemed ok. I rebooted the system and ended up in windows, LILO must have been written to the mbr on the second drive and not the first and the floppy did not allow me to boot as it was corrupt.
I would like to be able to boot from a floppy without going into the bios to set the boot options every time I want linux.
Can I boot to my installation using a floppy created from the tools on the knoppix CD and specifing a few commands or do I have to boot knoppix up from the knoppix CD and create a new boot floppy using LILO?
After a bad experience installing Mandrake I am reluctant to mess with the mbr on the first drive, If I could create a boot CD or Floppy it would make things much easier
As I'm very new to linux I would appreciate some help
Similar Threads
-
By Robinhood in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-30-2005, 12:05 AM
-
By victorhooi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-13-2005, 07:40 AM
-
By visage in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-23-2004, 01:58 PM
-
By MikeyMustang in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 03:47 PM
-
By hickorynut in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-27-2003, 05:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 14are05 14" Ryzen 7 4700U 2.0GHz 8GB RAM 256GB
$175.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6" Full HD Laptop - Intel Processor N355 2025- 8G...
$349.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader
$571.00

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkpad T590 Gen1 8th Core i7 32GB 512GB Touchscreen RJ45 Win 11 Pro
$339.00