Is your Mysql started??
Try something like 'mysql start'
After installing Knoppix I have done an apt-get install of mysql-server, apache-ssl, php4, php4-mysql and phpmyadmin.
Knoppix told me that some of these where already at the latest level.
Now when I try accessing the https://127.0.0.1/phpmyadmin/ page I get the dreaded "Cannot load MySQL extension. Please check PHP configuration".
Logs do not show errors. The php4-mysql packages has a /usr/lib/php4/20010901/mysql.so file.
The /etc/php4/apache and cgi directories have a mysql.so line in their respective php.ini files.
What is wrong ??????????????
Thank you. Vielen Danke. Grazie Mille. Merci Beacoup. Muchas Gracias
Bob
Is your Mysql started??
Try something like 'mysql start'
Yes thank you.
MySQL is started /etc/init.d/mysql status shows it is started
I also downloaded another MySQL GUI (cannot remember name now) and it connects to the DB. I also see the port being in LISTEN mode.
PHP works under Apache as I tried putting some simple PHP pahe (hello world) in the /var/www tree and it is ok.
Again thank you but that was not the problem
Also both /var/log/syslog, messages and the /var/log/apache logs do not show errors.
Bob
Solved. Purged and reinstalled EVERYTHING (mysql, apache, php and the modules) and after some head banging it worked.Originally Posted by spoetnik
Thakn you. Bob

Vintage Gateway Solo 2100 Laptop Intel Pentium 150MHz, No Operating System
$40.00
Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E
$139.99
RARE-Vintage Emachines Monster 500A-Pentium III-256MB Ram 4.3GB HDD No OS *READ*
$299.99
Vintage Iwill XA100 Plus Super Socket 7 Motherboard + K6-III 450 + 896mb READ
$179.99
Vintage Apple Macintosh Performa 560 Money Magazine Edition w/ Box Tested Works
$1394.07
Vintage Apple M1893 Power Supply PowerBook 500 520 540 550 AC Charger
$35.00
RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller
$35.00
Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000W Portable IBM PC-Compatible Computer
$275.00
Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99
Vintage Microsoft Windows 95 Full Retail Version COMPLETE 3.5" Floppy Disks Box
$100.00