Is your Mysql started??
Try something like 'mysql start'
After installing Knoppix I have done an apt-get install of mysql-server, apache-ssl, php4, php4-mysql and phpmyadmin.
Knoppix told me that some of these where already at the latest level.
Now when I try accessing the https://127.0.0.1/phpmyadmin/ page I get the dreaded "Cannot load MySQL extension. Please check PHP configuration".
Logs do not show errors. The php4-mysql packages has a /usr/lib/php4/20010901/mysql.so file.
The /etc/php4/apache and cgi directories have a mysql.so line in their respective php.ini files.
What is wrong ??????????????
Thank you. Vielen Danke. Grazie Mille. Merci Beacoup. Muchas Gracias
Bob
Is your Mysql started??
Try something like 'mysql start'
Yes thank you.
MySQL is started /etc/init.d/mysql status shows it is started
I also downloaded another MySQL GUI (cannot remember name now) and it connects to the DB. I also see the port being in LISTEN mode.
PHP works under Apache as I tried putting some simple PHP pahe (hello world) in the /var/www tree and it is ok.
Again thank you but that was not the problem
Also both /var/log/syslog, messages and the /var/log/apache logs do not show errors.
Bob
Solved. Purged and reinstalled EVERYTHING (mysql, apache, php and the modules) and after some head banging it worked.Originally Posted by spoetnik
Thakn you. Bob

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD
$13.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$59.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III SSD MZ-76E500 MZ7LH500HALU
$50.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00