-
Junior Member
registered user
Changing IRQ
How can i force my netcard to assume a determined IRQ?
Actualy my card is set to IRQ 22. Obviously it's not working...
How can I set it to 5 or 4, for example!
Cassio
-
Senior Member
registered user
Well......let's see, there must be at least 1000 different NIC's in the world and no two of them exactly the same so how about at least a hint as to what kind of hardware you have?
Have you put 'irq' into the search field at the top ceneter of the page?
Have a look at the documentation too, especially the cheatcodes.
-
Junior Member
registered user
OK,
I have a Desknote A929.
The networkcard is a SIS900.
I looked for a way to say to knoppix, put the card in IRQ 5, but i haven`t found anything.
I don`t know much of seting hardware in linux, but I imagine there`s a way of forcing a IRQ, right?
I also tried Kurumin a brazilian Knoppix based distribution, my net worked fine runing from CD, but after a HD intall I have the same problem I have with knoppix.
When running Kurumin from the CD my net is assigned at IRQ 5.
but after hdinstall it goes to 22.
Thanks
Cassio
-
Senior Member
registered user
Are you booting with LILO? If so, add this to your /etc/lilo.conf append=" " line.
pci=biosirq
For example:
Code:
append="hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi pci=biosirq"
Hopefully that overides any automatic IRQ steering done by Linux. You might go into your BIOS just to see what IRQ it wants to assign to your NIC. It is entirely possible for devices on the pci bus to share IRQ's but the s900 seems to be "one of those cards" that insists on having things its own way. Also do lsmod and see if the driver for your NIC is installed.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks to all...
But I found a solution!!!
The biosirq didn't work.
Then I found a noapic, that solved my problems. With this parameter in Lilo, the IRQs are not changed to "high" values.
Now my network card is in IRQ 5, working fine!
Thanks again
Cassio
-
Senior Member
registered user
Thanks for posting your solution. That's what makes a forum work!
Similar Threads
-
By Placebo in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 07:04 AM
-
By ahfoo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 01:26 AM
-
By darthczyz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-26-2004, 04:04 PM
-
By n3150nao in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 02:12 PM
-
By n3150nao in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-17-2003, 11:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99