-
Senior Member
registered user
em8300 - Need help ...
Trying to do make in /usr/local/modules:
knoppix@CyberSpace:/usr/local/em8300/modules$ make
cat: /lib/modules//lib/modules/2.4.20pre/build/include/linux/autoconf.h: No such file or directory
cat: /lib/modules//lib/modules/2.4.20pre/build/include/linux/version.h: No such file or directory
cc -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -g -I ../include -I /lib/modules//lib/modules/2.4.20pre/build/include/ -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -DEM8300_VIDEOMODE_DEFAULT=EM8300_VIDEOMODE_NTSC -DEM8300_AUDIOMODE_DEFAULT=EM8300_AUDIOMODE_ANALOG -DEM8300_VERSION=\""0.13.0"\" -DCONFIG_ADV717X_PIXELPORT16BIT -DCONFIG_ADV717X_PIXELPORTPAL -DCONFIG_EM8300_DICOMPAL -DCONFIG_EM8300_DICOMFIX -DCONFIG_EM8300_DICOMCTRL -c -o em8300_main.o em8300_main.c
em8300_main.c:77:2: #error "This needs the I2C Bit Banging Interface in your Kernel"
make: *** [em8300_main.o] Error 1
knoppix@CyberSpace:/usr/local/em8300/modules$
I installed an second Kernel and installed patchs knoppix +
ptrace. Did not patch xfs to this kernel. System runs good.
I thought kernel-headers were produced when compiling an Kernel.
/lib/modules/2.4.20
New at this, do I need to download kernel-headers for
2.4.20, also on internet they have like 2.4.20-3 / -9 / etc.
How do I get the right one?
Also I recompiled the 2.4.20 Kernel with I2C devices built
into the kernel (instead of modules) - I though this was the
problem.
Any HELP greatly appreciated - I want to use my
Hollywood+ DVD-DECODER card to watch DVD's.
(Better Quality then the software decorders)
Thanks ...
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco UCSC-M-V25-04 V02 10GB / 25GB 68-6971-04 Quad Port Network Adaptor
$399.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch
$749.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00