Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Card not supported??

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9
    I'm going to bother you a lot and I hope I could find the answer here: When I do netcardconfig I get "have found a netcard but not supported", knoppix is already copied to a hard drive and when I just run the cd, that find, it configures the network card autom.. using dhcp.
    Any help please

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    73

    More info?

    What type of card is it? When you boot with the CD take note of all the modules loaded (use lsmod). When you boot from the hard drive see if all the modules are loaded and if any netowrk ones are missing do insmod modulename. You might want to inquire in the hardware topic about this one.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9
    This is what I get when I do the lsmod and I see the sis900 and to my knowledge personal that it should be... If you could tell me what should be.... thanks...
    knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ lsmod
    Module Size Used by Not tainted
    nls_iso8859-1 2876 0 (autoclean)
    nls_cp437 4380 0 (autoclean)
    autofs4 9948 1 (autoclean)
    af_packet 14632 0 (autoclean)
    reiserfs 164400 0 (autoclean)
    ext3 63744 0 (autoclean)
    jbd 46308 0 (autoclean) [ext3]
    agpgart 35840 0 (unused)
    trident 33140 0
    ac97_codec 11176 0 [trident]
    soundcore 3428 2 [trident]
    pcigame 1384 0 [trident]
    gameport 1292 0 [pcigame]
    sis900 12780 1
    serial 52868 1 (autoclean)
    usb-ohci 18216 0 (unused)
    usbcore 61920 1 [usb-ohci]
    apm 10028 2
    rtc 7452 0 (autoclean)
    cloop 5648 1

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by qman_txun
    This is what I get when I do the lsmod and I see the sis900 and to my knowledge personal that it should be... If you could tell me what should be.... thanks...
    knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ lsmod
    Module Size Used by Not tainted

    sis900 12780 1
    The card is there and being used what does ifconfig -a in a console window from the HD tell you does it have an IP similar to what it would be from the cd. Also check the file /etc/network/interfaces to check for DHCP and the card being enabled on boot. example file.

    Code:
    # /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)
    
    # The loopback interface
    # automatically added when upgrading
    auto lo eth0
    iface lo inet loopback
    
    
    iface eth0 inet dhcp

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9
    I got this when I'm running the cd, however, when I do the samething with the HD there's nothing shows up and if I do insmod it just gives a buch of options. remember when I do netcardconfig in the HD it says that if found a networking but not supported...

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    2
    Sr. qman_txun
    Por favor, comunica conmigo directamenta a [email protected]
    Ingles o Español. !Que pasas un buen dia! KUDZU (Un gringo r-r-r-u-c-o)

Similar Threads

  1. via on-board network card not supported?
    By tjudycki in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2005, 12:38 AM
  2. vortex 1 not supported?
    By truefate in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-16-2004, 04:25 AM
  3. "No supported Network Card Found"
    By rayesteq in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2004, 04:47 PM
  4. saa7130 flyvideo2000 card not supported (no saa7130 module)
    By mehlng in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2003, 08:31 AM
  5. Is the D-Link DFE-530TX+ NIC Card Supported?
    By Panik in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-20-2002, 10:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive picture

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive

$59.99



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00