-
User privaleges to shutdown, control net devices
I'm loving Knoppix a lot, but being new to Debian there are two things I can't figure out how to do. I asked on a #debian but the answer seemed rather complex and I couldn't find anything on google.
I want to allow a regular user account (mine in this case) to be able to shutdown and do ifup and ifdown commands to bring up interfaces. How would I go about doing this the Debian way? I know I can use sudo or just su to root, but it's bothersome to type my password all the time for that (I'm using a notebook). I tried to change the owner / group of /etc/network/interfaces, but then pump complained. Any ideas?
Similar Threads
-
By JockVSJock in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-03-2004, 08:09 PM
-
By jbrush in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 12:29 AM
-
By rafial in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-13-2003, 03:28 AM
-
By iamanewbie in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-27-2003, 10:13 AM
-
By _CaLeB_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 06:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
$799.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00