Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: iPAQ haldheld

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Poland/Warsaw
    Posts
    1

    iPAQ haldheld

    I already use iPAQ handheld, but unfortunatelly it works under Microsoft OS, I use it with Compaq Presario, to synchronise e-mail, files etc ( Win XP OS). That somebody have an synch. programm under any Linux OS ?
    This is one thing to stop me for using Linux permanently with my notebook, and desktop.
    iPAQ works under Microsoft Embeeded Windows OS
    is that possible to synchronise in with Linux OS without replacing current OS ? it is crucial, because when I replace this OS, probably my warranty will be lost, (OS is saved in PROM).

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933

    Re: iPAQ haldheld

    Quote Originally Posted by NetCon
    I already use iPAQ handheld, but unfortunatelly it works under Microsoft OS,
    It runs M$ because you haven't gotten around to installing Linux on it yet you slacker!!
    Here's yet another page about Linux on an ipaq.


    I use it with Compaq Presario, to synchronise e-mail, files etc ( Win XP OS). That somebody have an synch. programm under any Linux OS ?
    This is one thing to stop me for using Linux permanently with my notebook, and desktop.
    iPAQ works under Microsoft Embeeded Windows OS
    is that possible to synchronise in with Linux OS without replacing current OS ? it is crucial, because when I replace this OS, probably my warranty will be lost, (OS is saved in PROM).
    If that scares you and you just want to stick with plain old wimpdoze then check this out.

    Oh- BTW- I got all of this info from www.google.com/linux an excellent resource.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    France / Finland
    Posts
    61
    Hello,

    I just had a look to those links but there is no really what he and what I would like to do

    I don't want to change the OS on my Ipaq, I want to keep it as it is... But I would like to find a way to backup my ipaq and even better to synchrozine it, with my computer running under Linux...

    Ludo

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Coume
    Hello,

    I just had a look to those links but there is no really what he and what I would like to do

    I don't want to change the OS on my Ipaq, I want to keep it as it is... But I would like to find a way to backup my ipaq and even better to synchrozine it, with my computer running under Linux...

    Ludo
    Look at the third link at the bottom of the post- that's exactly what it's about.
    You can't blame me for trying to get everyone to run Linux. What can I say it's a better OS.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    France / Finland
    Posts
    61
    yep
    it is just that you have to add memory to your ipaq to install linux and I cannot afford to spend my student money on an expensive memory card eheh

    Ludo

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    What kind/size of memory exactly and how much is it in Europe?

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    France / Finland
    Posts
    61
    erm...
    Seems you wanna make me cry...

    In the States, lots of things are much more cheaper...
    Here, in France, in buying on the Internet the best deal for a SD memory card: Mémoire SD Card 512 Mo Dane-Elec - 511€ / $511

    But who knows if I manage to find my next year internship in the States or Canada, I will be able to buy cheapest ones eheh

    Regards,
    Ludo

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Coume
    erm...
    Seems you wanna make me cry...

    In the States, lots of things are much more cheaper...
    Here, in France, in buying on the Internet the best deal for a SD memory card: Mémoire SD Card 512 Mo Dane-Elec - 511€ / $511
    A quick google got me a 512 MB SD media card for $280 US. here.

    All of those vendors ship internationally. I cannot vouch for any of them as I have never done business with them personally.

  9. #9
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    France / Finland
    Posts
    61
    Hmmm that's almost 1/2 price then...

    I'm starting to wonder if there is something cheaper in Europe than in the States...
    Perhaps the Wine
    eheh

    Ludo

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Coume
    Hmmm that's almost 1/2 price then...

    I'm starting to wonder if there is something cheaper in Europe than in the States...
    Perhaps the Wine
    eheh

    Ludo
    Nope- with brands like Ernest & Julio Gallo in the 2 gallon jug for only $9.99 we got you beat there too! heh heh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. synce knoppix howto for Ipaq / Windows CE / Pocket PC
    By probono in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2004, 07:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Flash Technologies Programmer For 9044 Boards. Allows To Set Beacon #s picture

Vintage Flash Technologies Programmer For 9044 Boards. Allows To Set Beacon #s

$380.00



Compaq Presario 1640 Laptop HP 2940A Vintage Computer, Power Supply and mouse picture

Compaq Presario 1640 Laptop HP 2940A Vintage Computer, Power Supply and mouse

$159.95



Clean Dell E6420/30 Vintage Windows XP 32 Bit Laptop  i5 2ghz 4gb 80gb DVDRW  picture

Clean Dell E6420/30 Vintage Windows XP 32 Bit Laptop i5 2ghz 4gb 80gb DVDRW

$119.00



Vintage Intel EtherExpress PRO LAN Adapter With Flash BRAND NEW picture

Vintage Intel EtherExpress PRO LAN Adapter With Flash BRAND NEW

$29.99



Vintage Altec Lansing ACS52 Computer Speakers With Box picture

Vintage Altec Lansing ACS52 Computer Speakers With Box

$60.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Ethernet Network Card 820-0207-A 1987 NuBus Adapter picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Ethernet Network Card 820-0207-A 1987 NuBus Adapter

$55.00



Vintage 1977  Cromemco 16KPR (16 KPR)  S-100  Computer Board picture

Vintage 1977 Cromemco 16KPR (16 KPR) S-100 Computer Board

$199.99



Vintage Compaq 2930A Handheld Computer PC Software Accessories Voyager VGA picture

Vintage Compaq 2930A Handheld Computer PC Software Accessories Voyager VGA

$199.95



Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00

$199.99



Apple Ethernet CS II Card BOX AND MANUAL ONLY- Vintage Network Interface picture

Apple Ethernet CS II Card BOX AND MANUAL ONLY- Vintage Network Interface

$59.99