Mine works fine, but im sorry i cant help im a newbie
i have problam with USB MOUSE he don't work in KNOPPIX !
what i can do i can't use my mouse
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Mine works fine, but im sorry i cant help im a newbie
Does it work with your installed operating system?Originally Posted by mdy
USB is sometimes a problem with older hardware.
Try unplugging your USB mouse after Knoppix has loaded and then plug it back in. My PII doesn't always load the mouse but often finds the mouse after I plug it back in.
An easy fix is to buy a PS/2 mouse. If you have Saved Settings, DON'T load your settings after installing a PS/2 mouse as it will load the USB mouse and your PS/2 will not work.
Good luck.
What version of USB?
versio 1
this mouse work in windows but not in knoppix
and when i try save new config ps/2=>usb
the mouse don't word
Some USB mouses are incompatible with Linux. For example, I had a mouse I liked a lot, but it literally did not allow me to install SuSE -- the install would bomb out in different places -- I think it was a timing problem in the mouse's microcontroller (SuSE didn't figure that one out -- I did). I had much the same problem with Knoppix; after all, a modern mouse (especially a USB mouse) is built around a computer, albeit a very low-powered one. I'm sure that many otherwise good mouse designs may never have been tested under Linux. I know that Logitech and Novatek-based mouses work great.Originally Posted by mdy
Can you identify a brand? If you live in the U.S. the FCC ID number will tell us who made it.
Here's a request: could members of this board put at least their country of origin in their profiles? The answer to some questions is dependent upon where you live. Thanks!
Sorry to tell you this but AFAIK Linux doesn't do USB 1.0- you need 1.1 or better. I just bought a USB 2.0 card for $5 brand new. Don't know if that's a possibility for you.

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech
$747.99