-
Knoppix broke my computer...
This is a serious problem for me because I did this in work thinking nothing would be a problem, but then the computer refused to boot up again. I really would like to not lose my job as a result of Linux. I simply put the knoppix CD, latest version, in the computer, A Dell P-IV, and booted up, everything was great. I decided to shut down and when Knoppix told me to remove the CD, I did, but then instead of hitting enter, like it said, I just turned off the compuer by accident. I turned the computer back on and it sounded like it was booting up, but the screen just kept flashing "No Signal". The monitor is a Planar LCD screen if that helps at all. I previously read a post that said to unplug it and hold the power button in for like 10 seconds to totally drain the power, but I'm not sure if that will work. If anyone can give me a definite answer, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
-Steve
Similar Threads
-
By GaTk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-02-2005, 10:38 PM
-
By Shadda in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-28-2005, 06:52 AM
-
By drews in forum General Support
Replies: 32
Last Post: 01-12-2005, 06:59 AM
-
By drews in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-09-2004, 03:45 PM
-
By joshua in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-15-2004, 02:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$177.21

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$435.99

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151)
$189.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T590 Gen1 8th Core i7 32GB 512GB Touchscreen RJ45 Win 11 Pro
$339.00

Lenovo ThinkCentre M720Q Micro Intel Core i5-8500T 2.1GHz 8GB RAM No AC/HDD/OS
$129.99