-
Knoppix boot from CD gives error and hangs...
I love the idea of Knoppix, but unfortunately haven't been able to check it for myself - whenever I try to boot from CD I get two error messages:
#1 "initrd extends beyond range of memory (0x1bff5db4)"
and then, a few seconds later...
#2 "Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount roof fs on 01:01"
And then the boot hangs there forever (well, probably; obviously I haven't actually left it quite that long!)
Does anyone know what the problem might be and if there's a way to get around it? Any suggestions gratefully very received.
I'm running an AMD Athlon 1600 with 512Mb RAM and 40G HDD, if that's any help.
Stu
Similar Threads
-
By JordyC in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-25-2004, 04:50 PM
-
By onnrmf in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-01-2003, 07:53 PM
-
By Athalon1951 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 09:23 PM
-
By Uwe in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 05:22 PM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

JUNIPER QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48x 10/25GbE SFP28 8x 40/100GbE Network Switch Dual PSU
$6998.00

Juniper Networks QFX-SFP-DAC-7MA to Brocade (Formerly) XBR-TWX-0701 Comp TAA
$196.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99