I wonder if this particular drive would be advantageous in any way with what you are proposing. I haven't really read too much about it.
Now that USB thumb drives are so cheap, I wondered if they could be useful for authentication. My idea is that the user would log on with a simple password, then the USB device would be "read" and contain a more complex password and other required information regarding shares etc. I am not looking for banking security, this would be for colleges schools etc. The data on the USB stick could be encrypted. In a large school, for instance, the users details would be kept on the stick.
Wonder what others think, a fair bit of info would fit on a cheap stick, This would solve the problem of people having to remember complex passwords and having to change their passwords. The password could be changed automagically. Thanks for reading; Jimmy.![]()
I wonder if this particular drive would be advantageous in any way with what you are proposing. I haven't really read too much about it.
Thanks for the info. The 007 drive does look like a neat device. I was more looking for the best way to use such a drive. I figured that usb drives could be used to authentictate users without using complex passwords. Also still can be used for backing up and transfering documents etc. I did a google round, but could not find any info of anyone using a usb keydrive for this.
Thought I would try Knoppix as this is the only forum I really use.
Thanks for your input; Jimmy.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$101.99
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen
$59.99
HP Z440 WorkStation LGA 2011-3 DDR4 Desktop Motherboard 710324-002
$39.99