You got KDE to run on 32M RAM? That's an accomplishment in itself. Try booting with a different desktop like icewm or better yet fluxbox.
Hello,
I am new at Linux and I love the KDE Knoppix interface. I only have 32 megs of ram and it runs slow. I was wondering what I can do to maybe speed it up some till I get some ram, witch will be a while cause im broke.
Thank You
You got KDE to run on 32M RAM? That's an accomplishment in itself. Try booting with a different desktop like icewm or better yet fluxbox.
And may i please ask how to do that?
It's all right here in the docs.
Just do something like this:
boot: knoppix lang=us desktop=icewm
plus any other cheat codes you normally use. You can try fluxbox but it's kind of spartan- takes some getting used to.
yes it is still slow, it takes about 10 minutes to open the Mozilla Browser.
As rickenbacherus said: What do you expect? Just getting the gui up and running on those specs is really good. Try running Fluxbox instead of KDE and use Konqueror instead of Mozilla. If Konqueror also crawls (which it probably does), try running links. (It's a text-browser.)
I would like to thank all that helped. I am running the Fluxbox desktop and it helped alot. But wwhen I boot it i get a bunch of errors. Could this be from a bad download? I reburned it and still have the same errors.
thanks
If you posted the errors we might be able to tell you.Originally Posted by CaffeineGamer

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49
MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99