-
"bootfrom=Knoppix810.iso" does not accept Network ((the mine!)
Hi
Does anbody had ever tried the cheatcode
: "bootfrom=knoppix810.iso ?
The mine can not accept the INTERNET T
hanks for ideas
knp
Last edited by knp; 09-17-2018 at 09:55 PM.
-
When booting Knoppix from the ISO file, the bootng process
1) searches for the ISO file (knoppix810.iso) in the root of the detected file systems
2) if the ISO file is found, it mounts the ISO file on /mnt-system
3) searches for /mnt-system/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
4) if /mnt-system/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX is found to be a cloop file, it mounts this on /KNOPPIX
5) if /KNOPPIX contains the KNOPPIX file system, the boot process switches to this and continues loading KNOPPIX
6) Knoppix runs the initializing process and loads the graphics interface
7) if wired Ethernet is detected, Knoppix connects to the wired Ethernet and uses DHCP to get an address.
Knoppix is now running without your personal settings,so wireless networks are NOT connected. You have to connect it manually to a wireless network.
How far in this boot process do you get ?
-
Thanks Fredvdj
Perhaps I have not been sufficiently clear
My "iso_file" booted almost "very well".
As it would do
I always get "all" the functionnalities I need
BUT the the wired connection at all!!!
Even when the cable is previously connected!
I think I must try to get ANOTHER "iso_file"
Maybe the mine is somewhat corrupted
because yours seems to work.
I shall return you tagain as soon as possible...
Thanks you very much
-
H fredvej 1_ Effectively my "8.1.ISO" was corrupted2- But the new one (even when burned on DVD) has also some "problems": a- NO cursor at all for cheatcodes b- No "search_Tool" c- Impossible to detect ftaining the informations relative to "kmail" d- Incompatibilty with "older kmail" messagesByeknp
-
H fredvej 1_ Effectively my "8.1.ISO" was corrupted2- But the new one (even when burned on DVD) has also some "problems": a- NO cursor at all for cheatcodes b- No "search_Tool" c- Impossible to detect ftaining the informations relative to "kmail" d- Incompatibilty with "older kmail" messagesByeknp
-
To avoid corrupted downloads I always use the torrents, because this download method verifys itself. The Knoppix torrents also contains checksums for checking.
I cannot help you with your other problems. You should start a new thread with those.
-
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$320.00

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2400T-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$340.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00