Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: knoppix hangs by boot.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2

    knoppix hangs by boot.

    Hello

    First my systemspecs

    Advanced/ZP Baby-AT board with Pentium 75i
    AMI Bios latest Update 1.00.06.BS0
    Memory 128 Mb EDO 70Ns Fast Page
    Chipset 82473FX System Controller
    82438FX Triton Data Path (TDP)
    82371FB PCI/ISA
    87306 Super I/O Controller
    Hd ST51080A Maxtor
    Hd ST36422A Maxtor
    FD 1,44 Mb
    Iomega ZIP 100 ATAPI
    LTN 526 LiteOn CD-Rom ATAPI
    Monitor Gateway EV700
    Videocard S3/Virge-DX/GX PCI (375-385) 4Mb
    Soundcard SB16VE

    That is the whole system. When I start the knoppix cd-rom with a bootdisk in A: everything seems alright but on the blue knoppix screen the system halted and the cd-rom is sending data (flashing light) for about 4 minutes and then it's over and nothing happend anymore. The system dont freeze because the mouse is working normal but I stay at the bleu screen with Knoppix in it. I have tried noscsi etc etc and even failsafe but it al ends in the bootscreen. Is there somebody who can explain this to me.

    P.S. The strange thing is that the cd from knoppix runs fine on two other machines, an it is the same cd i use for all the systems.

    ThNx Sorry for my english but i am dutch.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1
    I had this very same problem and I solved it this morning. I ran failsafe and noticed the hang occurred after detection of second hard drive so I disconnected the second drive and everything works fine.
    Good luck

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar
    I had this very same problem and I solved it this morning. I ran failsafe and noticed the hang occurred after detection of second hard drive so I disconnected the second drive and everything works fine.
    Good luck
    Thnxs i will try that tomorrow. And let you know if that fixed the problem

    VrGr

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-25-2004, 04:50 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2003, 07:53 PM
  3. Knoppix hangs in boot phase, floppy LED on!
    By Uwe in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-03-2003, 05:22 PM
  4. hangs during boot
    By Bieren in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-10-2003, 08:19 AM
  5. Knoppix boot from CD gives error and hangs...
    By StuPC in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-13-2003, 10:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1625.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$49.99



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99