Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: REMASTERING

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    16

    REMASTERING

    hi,

    am remastering knoppix, and was wondering where do I change the icons on the toolbar (window list, show desktop, control center, Konsole,....) . I have also used the steps outlined on this webpage in this endeavor, however, I can't seem to edit any of the files after I chroot. What am I missing???

    YELP!!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    are you chrooting as root user?

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    16

    REMASTERING

    Yes I am chroot as user.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    root user?

    What is the error you are getting?

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    16
    First of all, sorry for the typo

    This is my problem, I followed the how-to directions on this site and am now ready to removee the programs. But I am having a hard time knowing which files I have to take out and where to locate them. I am mostly concerned altering the taskbar and altering the menu. Can someone tell me where to find the files for that.

    Secondly, I figured I will have to edit some files, but I can't emacs any file, I get an error reading "emacs: Cannot connect to X server :0.0" .How do I get around it? I am chroot as root user. I would appreciate any help I can get.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    3
    In the chroot window, write
    export DISPLAY=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:0.0

    and it will work ( if you did "xhost +" on the orig
    desktop.

    HTH

Similar Threads

  1. new in remastering
    By grexk in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2005, 03:38 AM
  2. Remastering Suite V1.01 released! Easy Knoppix-Remastering
    By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:32 AM
  3. Remastering
    By dugstratton in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-13-2004, 01:23 AM
  4. remastering help
    By powertc_g4 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-17-2004, 09:51 PM
  5. Remastering Scripts : easy remastering
    By MichielioZ in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 12:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI picture

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI

$289.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard

$90.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00