i'd say chances aren't to bad that this might be a ram issue (sorry but i like blaming things on ram)
try memtest86
it's just a guess but it worked for me...
(if not ram it might still be a cpu temperature problem or the like)
I've been following...
http://www.stirnimann.com/mystuff/doc/knoppix.txt
... to remaster a Knoppix CD.
I've been using Mandrake Linux 9.1 to do this. But I am having a problem copying the files from the compressed "KNOPPIX" file (to the normal file system).
I think it may be a problem with using cloop with Linux Kernel that comes with Mandrake Linux 9.1. (But that's just a guess.)
I'm using cloop-0.68-5. And the kernel version I am using is 2.4.21-0.13mdk.
Does anyone have any insights into this??? Anyone know how to get past this problem???
TIA
-- Charles Iliya Krempeaux
charles @ reptile.ca
i'd say chances aren't to bad that this might be a ram issue (sorry but i like blaming things on ram)
try memtest86
it's just a guess but it worked for me...
(if not ram it might still be a cpu temperature problem or the like)

Lot of 10 /16GB DDR4 laptop RAM
$500.00
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99
Samsung Planet First 8GB 2Rx4 PC3-10600R
$341.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$489.96
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99