-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks, Stephen. The knx-hdinstall finally completed this morning from a knoppix 2 startup, and it actually boots into X and does everything like it's supposed to, so I'm one step closer.
The only oddity is that, while the Knoppix CD boot discovers my PCMCIA network card (the onboard NIC has been broken for a long time), the hdinstalled version did not. I think I just have to go back and teach the network interface to use my DHCP server, though - didn't get to tweak it before I left the house.
The next time I try a debian install I'll go for this discover thing and see how it operates. This is a package that I have missed up to now. I've searched a lot, but I guess my search terms weren't the right ones.
Thanks for your help...
Similar Threads
-
By specchio127 in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 8
Last Post: 07-08-2004, 04:26 AM
-
By Danmak in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-01-2003, 03:40 AM
-
By staverts in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 06:48 AM
-
By nitrousracer2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-23-2003, 11:45 AM
-
By AdamTruth in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-25-2003, 03:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro
$240.00

Lenovo ThinkCentre M710Q Micro Intel Core i5-7500T 2.7GHz 8GB RAM No AC/HDD/OS
$69.99

NEW AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core CPU - CIB - SEALED
$459.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$435.99

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

Intel NUC 8 NUC8BEK Mini PC Core i3 8th Gen 8GB 128GB SSD Black
$100.00

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98