simply edit /etc/crontab
I ran crontab -e as root and scheduled some scripts to run periodically, but it didn't save. I'm chrooted into an uncompressed filesystem that's ready for remastering.
It says that there's no root crontab and that its saving, but then says no changes were made to crontab. And when I run crontab -e a second time, I get back to a blank crontab.
Is there something I'm missing here? Should I make a crontab for the knoppix user and "# * * * * su -c root /my/script" in order to run the scripts as root? One of my scripts has to be run as root or it won't work. Maybe I could just setuid that script and just run it as knoppix?
simply edit /etc/crontab

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00
Cordless Vacuum Cleaner for 20V Battery, 7-in-1 Lightweight Stick Vacu...
$149.15
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99
Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99
Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99