simply edit /etc/crontab
I ran crontab -e as root and scheduled some scripts to run periodically, but it didn't save. I'm chrooted into an uncompressed filesystem that's ready for remastering.
It says that there's no root crontab and that its saving, but then says no changes were made to crontab. And when I run crontab -e a second time, I get back to a blank crontab.
Is there something I'm missing here? Should I make a crontab for the knoppix user and "# * * * * su -c root /my/script" in order to run the scripts as root? One of my scripts has to be run as root or it won't work. Maybe I could just setuid that script and just run it as knoppix?
simply edit /etc/crontab

SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM
$499.99
Samsung 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P DDR4 ECC Server Memory RDIMM M393A2G40DB0-CPB
$104.95
P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N
$1100.00
2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99
SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99
Lot Of 25 16GB PC4 2133P 2400T 2666V RAM DIMM ECC Server Memory *From Scrap*
$1199.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Micron 64GB 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA ECC RDIMM DDR4-3200 - Server RAM: MTA36ASF8G72PZ-3G2
$649.99
Micron MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-3G2J3 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory RDIMM
$114.95
(Lot of 22) SK Hynix 4GB (HMA851S6AFR6N-UH) 1Rx16 PC4-2400T-SC0-11 DDR4 RAM
$308.00