Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Problem with cloop

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611

    Problem with cloop

    I had no trouble making my cloop file. Its 716580707 bytes, which is I guess about 699mb. I recreated an iso and copied it to my windows machine for burning in nero. When I boot from the new CD, I get dumpoed to a minimal shell because it can't find the compressed filesystem.

    Any ideas?

    I know I need to redo the cloop file. Maybe I should shrink it some more? It would help if I had a command that works for 3.2. I kind of have 3 different versions of the commands to make the cloop and iso from three different versions of remastering how-to's, and wound up combining parts of them together to get a command that worked. So please give me a working command to recompress my filesystem.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    17
    as long as the compressed fs is in /KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX on the cd i don't see why it shouldn't work or what that might have to do with size

    did you change anything else?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    /mnt/cdrom/ is where its at now.
    and it needs to be in /mnt/cdrom/KNOPPIX/?

    Considering the error is that it can't find the compressed files, that seems to be my problem....

Similar Threads

  1. Problem with cloop and kernel v 2.6.8.1
    By lunix* in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 10:46 PM
  2. Problem with cloop
    By lrathle in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2004, 05:47 PM
  3. problem with cloop
    By sabel in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-01-2003, 09:15 PM
  4. problem with cloop module...
    By Myrdhin in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-01-2003, 02:54 PM
  5. cloop 0.68 and Red Hat 7.3 problem compilation
    By lucky in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-19-2003, 11:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


NEW Samsung USB Type-C 256GB Flash Drive USB 3.2 Gen 1 Genuine OEM -MUF-256DA/AM picture

NEW Samsung USB Type-C 256GB Flash Drive USB 3.2 Gen 1 Genuine OEM -MUF-256DA/AM

$55.99



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162) picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)

$37.99



PNY 1TB PRO Elite V3 USB 3.2 Gen 2 Flash Drive Up to 1000MB/s Read Bulk Package picture

PNY 1TB PRO Elite V3 USB 3.2 Gen 2 Flash Drive Up to 1000MB/s Read Bulk Package

$84.99



Sandisk Crayola 64GB USB-C Flash Drive, 2pk Cerulean Blue and Electric Lime, picture

Sandisk Crayola 64GB USB-C Flash Drive, 2pk Cerulean Blue and Electric Lime,

$11.00



New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM picture

New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM

$19.95



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen9 (P85) P85_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen9 (P85) P85_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99