-
How to copy the repertory /dev/*, can I copy nodes???
Hello,
I am trying to build a new bootable CD with my RedHat installation on it.
So I want to copy all my data : /usr /bin /etc ... and then add the Knoppix boot and autodetection parameters.
Once it has been done, I want to "cloop" it an burn it on a cdrom.
But the problem is that I can't copy my /dev directory. I can't copy the nodes with the cp command.
How can I do to put a second /dev directory on my hard drive (in /tmp/dev per exemple) ??
-
use cp -R not cp -r the capital R ignores device nodes. That should fix your problem. I am curious how you will go about building an iso from an installed redhat system. Do you have detailed instructions on how to do this? If so could you please reply to this post and let me know how you did it, if not could you please point me in the right direction, IE docs that could help me unserstand how this is done. Thanks
my email is [email protected]
-
hello ignuu,
Thank you for the information
I'll try it this evening
I don't have any information on the way to procede to perform an RedHat installation on a CD like Knoppix.
But I want to try it in order to learn more about the way that linux takes when it boot.
The only informations I get now is the documentation available on the Knoppix cd (pdf files) + infos about how to compress files with the cloop utilitie that I compiled an launched on my PC (//knopper.net/knoppix/sources)
I hope I will be able to adapt the autoconfiguration files used on Knoppix for my redhat distribution.
If it works (with the help of God....) I'll tell it to you, but nothing I think that it is a long work....
Similar Threads
-
By Loserkid in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-25-2004, 07:23 AM
-
By inurenegade in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-18-2004, 11:58 AM
-
By stewball in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 07:49 PM
-
By xyzbob in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-21-2004, 11:48 PM
-
By jims in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-07-2003, 03:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$475.21

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$16.99

Samsung PM9A1 1TB PCIe 4.0 x4 NVMe M.2 SSD
$135.00

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1794.16

ASUS ROG 14in QHD Ryzen 9 4.9GHz RTX 3060 16GB 1TB SSD White
$450.00

ADATA SD810 1TB External SSD USB 3.2 Gen2x2 2000MB/s New Sealed **FREE SHIPPING
$109.95

Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

SGIN 15.6" Laptop 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Win 11 Intel i3-10100Y Backlit Keyboard FHD
$335.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$465.98