Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How to copy the repertory /dev/*, can I copy nodes???

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2

    How to copy the repertory /dev/*, can I copy nodes???

    Hello,

    I am trying to build a new bootable CD with my RedHat installation on it.

    So I want to copy all my data : /usr /bin /etc ... and then add the Knoppix boot and autodetection parameters.
    Once it has been done, I want to "cloop" it an burn it on a cdrom.

    But the problem is that I can't copy my /dev directory. I can't copy the nodes with the cp command.
    How can I do to put a second /dev directory on my hard drive (in /tmp/dev per exemple) ??

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    30
    use cp -R not cp -r the capital R ignores device nodes. That should fix your problem. I am curious how you will go about building an iso from an installed redhat system. Do you have detailed instructions on how to do this? If so could you please reply to this post and let me know how you did it, if not could you please point me in the right direction, IE docs that could help me unserstand how this is done. Thanks

    my email is [email protected]

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2
    hello ignuu,

    Thank you for the information I'll try it this evening

    I don't have any information on the way to procede to perform an RedHat installation on a CD like Knoppix.
    But I want to try it in order to learn more about the way that linux takes when it boot.
    The only informations I get now is the documentation available on the Knoppix cd (pdf files) + infos about how to compress files with the cloop utilitie that I compiled an launched on my PC (//knopper.net/knoppix/sources)

    I hope I will be able to adapt the autoconfiguration files used on Knoppix for my redhat distribution.
    If it works (with the help of God....) I'll tell it to you, but nothing I think that it is a long work....

Similar Threads

  1. Can't Copy Why?
    By Loserkid in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-25-2004, 07:23 AM
  2. how do i copy
    By inurenegade in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-18-2004, 11:58 AM
  3. can't copy to hdd
    By stewball in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 07:49 PM
  4. copy to hdd
    By xyzbob in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2004, 11:48 PM
  5. Where can I get a copy of 3.2?
    By jims in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2003, 03:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$69.99



Intel Core i7-9700 3.00 GHz LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SRG13 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 3.00 GHz LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SRG13

$79.99



Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished picture

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished

$44.99



COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4 picture

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4

$169.95



Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10 picture

Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10

$1505.77



Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339 picture

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339

$39.99



Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU picture

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU

$99.99



Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU picture

Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU

$39.99



Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY picture

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY

$94.99



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00