Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Problem with cloop

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611

    Problem with cloop

    I had no trouble making my cloop file. Its 716580707 bytes, which is I guess about 699mb. I recreated an iso and copied it to my windows machine for burning in nero. When I boot from the new CD, I get dumpoed to a minimal shell because it can't find the compressed filesystem.

    Any ideas?

    I know I need to redo the cloop file. Maybe I should shrink it some more? It would help if I had a command that works for 3.2. I kind of have 3 different versions of the commands to make the cloop and iso from three different versions of remastering how-to's, and wound up combining parts of them together to get a command that worked. So please give me a working command to recompress my filesystem.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    17
    as long as the compressed fs is in /KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX on the cd i don't see why it shouldn't work or what that might have to do with size

    did you change anything else?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    /mnt/cdrom/ is where its at now.
    and it needs to be in /mnt/cdrom/KNOPPIX/?

    Considering the error is that it can't find the compressed files, that seems to be my problem....

Similar Threads

  1. Problem with cloop and kernel v 2.6.8.1
    By lunix* in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 10:46 PM
  2. Problem with cloop
    By lrathle in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2004, 05:47 PM
  3. problem with cloop
    By sabel in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-01-2003, 09:15 PM
  4. problem with cloop module...
    By Myrdhin in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-01-2003, 02:54 PM
  5. cloop 0.68 and Red Hat 7.3 problem compilation
    By lucky in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-19-2003, 11:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$69.99



Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished picture

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished

$44.99



Intel Core i7-9700 3.00 GHz LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SRG13 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 3.00 GHz LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SRG13

$79.99



COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4 picture

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4

$169.95



Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10 picture

Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10

$1505.77



Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339 picture

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339

$39.99



Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU picture

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU

$99.99



Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor

$14.49



Intel Core Ultra 5 225F - Core Ultra 5 (Series 2) Arrow Lake 10-Core (6P+4E) NEW picture

Intel Core Ultra 5 225F - Core Ultra 5 (Series 2) Arrow Lake 10-Core (6P+4E) NEW

$149.95



GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4 picture

GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4

$229.95