Found out that a LOT of usb stuff has been added to the new 2.4.21 kernel.
Since I'm not a master in remastering knoppix I'm afraid I'll have to wait for the knoppix release with 2.4.21 kernel(now it's 2.4.20-xfs).
USB issue for VIA chipsets !!!!!!
I think there is still a bug in the usb driver of the latest knoppix release. Meaning :
I am creating a webcamserver (for several usb webcams ,using the motion soft) but I'm struggeling already for several weeks)
Till upon now when I discovered the error :
ov511.c: ERROR: urb->status=-75: Babble (bad cable?)
I've found the answer on the net (http://alpha.dyndns.org/ov511/faq.html
Q: My camera is detected properly, but I get errors about "endpoint stall", "babble", "error -75", or "error -110" when I try to use it.
A: Do you have a VIA chipset? VIA USB controllers seem to have problems under Linux. You should report such problems to the usb-uhci or uhci driver maintainers. Also, make sure USB is enabled in your BIOS.
My hardware config is the EPIA V8000 with OV511 based webcams.
Since I think the USB stuff is a part of the kernel ,how can I oversome this problem ?
Has anybody had a similar problem ?
Greetzzzzzz,
Found out that a LOT of usb stuff has been added to the new 2.4.21 kernel.
Since I'm not a master in remastering knoppix I'm afraid I'll have to wait for the knoppix release with 2.4.21 kernel(now it's 2.4.20-xfs).

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99
Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B
$299.00
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
M321R4GA0BB0-CQK Samsung 32GB PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz Registered ECC CL40 RDIMM
$550.00