Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: USB issue for VIA chipsets !!!!!!

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    252

    USB issue for VIA chipsets !!!!!!

    USB issue for VIA chipsets !!!!!!

    I think there is still a bug in the usb driver of the latest knoppix release. Meaning :

    I am creating a webcamserver (for several usb webcams ,using the motion soft) but I'm struggeling already for several weeks)
    Till upon now when I discovered the error :
    ov511.c: ERROR: urb->status=-75: Babble (bad cable?)

    I've found the answer on the net (http://alpha.dyndns.org/ov511/faq.html

    Q: My camera is detected properly, but I get errors about "endpoint stall", "babble", "error -75", or "error -110" when I try to use it.
    A: Do you have a VIA chipset? VIA USB controllers seem to have problems under Linux. You should report such problems to the usb-uhci or uhci driver maintainers. Also, make sure USB is enabled in your BIOS.

    My hardware config is the EPIA V8000 with OV511 based webcams.

    Since I think the USB stuff is a part of the kernel ,how can I oversome this problem ?
    Has anybody had a similar problem ?

    Greetzzzzzz,

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    252
    Found out that a LOT of usb stuff has been added to the new 2.4.21 kernel.
    Since I'm not a master in remastering knoppix I'm afraid I'll have to wait for the knoppix release with 2.4.21 kernel (now it's 2.4.20-xfs).

Similar Threads

  1. OpenBSD: Intel Refuses To Open Wireless Chipsets
    By mzilikazi in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2004, 06:41 AM
  2. MBR issue
    By elqueso in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 01:14 AM
  3. apt-get issue
    By albertfuller in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 12:45 AM
  4. Linux Problems with NForce chipsets??
    By asmodath1701 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-16-2003, 12:23 AM
  5. What motherboards/chipsets would work with knoppix?
    By bongski55 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-27-2003, 02:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.72