-
Senior Member
registered user
USB issue for VIA chipsets !!!!!!
USB issue for VIA chipsets !!!!!!
I think there is still a bug in the usb driver of the latest knoppix release. Meaning :
I am creating a webcamserver (for several usb webcams ,using the motion soft) but I'm struggeling already for several weeks)
Till upon now when I discovered the error :
ov511.c: ERROR: urb->status=-75: Babble (bad cable?)
I've found the answer on the net (http://alpha.dyndns.org/ov511/faq.html
Q: My camera is detected properly, but I get errors about "endpoint stall", "babble", "error -75", or "error -110" when I try to use it.
A: Do you have a VIA chipset? VIA USB controllers seem to have problems under Linux. You should report such problems to the usb-uhci or uhci driver maintainers. Also, make sure USB is enabled in your BIOS.
My hardware config is the EPIA V8000 with OV511 based webcams.
Since I think the USB stuff is a part of the kernel ,how can I oversome this problem ?
Has anybody had a similar problem ?
Greetzzzzzz,
Similar Threads
-
By mzilikazi in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-12-2004, 06:41 AM
-
By elqueso in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 01:14 AM
-
By albertfuller in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-03-2003, 12:45 AM
-
By asmodath1701 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-16-2003, 12:23 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-27-2003, 02:25 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G
$75.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New
$1049.00