-
Installing new drivers -- SMC 2532W-B and Linux-Wlan-NG
Hi All
I'm having a hell of a time getting my new SMC wireless NIC recognized. It's a 2532W-B , PRISM2 based NIC. I'm trying to use the newest Linux-Wlan-Ng drivers but I don't want to remaster so I'm hoping to use a saved config. I go through the install steps, but the NIC (pcmia) remains unrecognized. I'm a bit of a newb so the readme's are leaving me pretty lost -- ie do I have to recompile the kernel to get this to work? How do I initialize the NIC once the install is done (if it actually works). BTW the NIC is fine in win2000.
I guess the more general question I have is -- how do you install drivers if the driver script tries to write anywhere besides the Ramdisk or mounted HD home space?
Any suggestions? thanks!!
Similar Threads
-
By great_lengths in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-16-2005, 12:50 PM
-
By Visceral in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-19-2004, 05:48 PM
-
By greenprimary in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 10:45 PM
-
By dallas7 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-20-2003, 08:27 PM
-
By nlang in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-29-2003, 08:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System X3650 M3 Server Xeon E5620 2.4 GHz 16 GB Ram Raid M5015 No OS No HDD
$87.96

IBM 00FN709 X3850 X6 Compute Book 3837 Barebone
$114.99