Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: TV Output

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1

    TV Output

    I am using Knoppix on CD to watch DivX films (using Xine). I can watch them fine on the laptop but when I connect my laptop to the TV using RCA composite I get a problem.

    Only the top right portion of the laptop screen is visible on the TV. How do I change the resolution so that I can watch the films on the TV?

    I have already tried entering 'knoppix vga=0x311 screen=460x360' at boot. This works fine while Knoppix is loading (ie the screen shrinks) however when the GUI comes up all normal resolution is restored.

    Kit

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4
    Hm IIRC you'll need to boot using knoppix 2 (console only), then edit your X config file to work with TV output. Once that's done, you start X using /etc/init.d/xsession start (I think)

Similar Threads

  1. S-video Output
    By wham in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-31-2005, 02:58 PM
  2. Svideo output
    By wham in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2005, 04:55 AM
  3. Konsole output goes where??
    By DougE in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2004, 11:40 PM
  4. odd output from fdisk
    By Eradicator in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 04:21 PM
  5. debug output
    By cYmen in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2003, 10:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T280 Digitizer Battery Back Cover EB-BX306GBY picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T280 Digitizer Battery Back Cover EB-BX306GBY

$150.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Lot of (4) 1TB NVME SSD M.2 2280 Samsung Micron  Used picture

Lot of (4) 1TB NVME SSD M.2 2280 Samsung Micron Used

$399.00



RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5 Screen 128GB Storage and a Samsung KEY BOARD picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5 Screen 128GB Storage and a Samsung KEY BOARD

$150.00



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills) picture

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)

$57.99



Samsung 24

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping

$50.00



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77