Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: TV Output

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1

    TV Output

    I am using Knoppix on CD to watch DivX films (using Xine). I can watch them fine on the laptop but when I connect my laptop to the TV using RCA composite I get a problem.

    Only the top right portion of the laptop screen is visible on the TV. How do I change the resolution so that I can watch the films on the TV?

    I have already tried entering 'knoppix vga=0x311 screen=460x360' at boot. This works fine while Knoppix is loading (ie the screen shrinks) however when the GUI comes up all normal resolution is restored.

    Kit

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4
    Hm IIRC you'll need to boot using knoppix 2 (console only), then edit your X config file to work with TV output. Once that's done, you start X using /etc/init.d/xsession start (I think)

Similar Threads

  1. S-video Output
    By wham in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-31-2005, 02:58 PM
  2. Svideo output
    By wham in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2005, 04:55 AM
  3. Konsole output goes where??
    By DougE in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2004, 11:40 PM
  4. odd output from fdisk
    By Eradicator in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 04:21 PM
  5. debug output
    By cYmen in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2003, 10:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99



HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES

$21.08



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU picture

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU

$197.76



Intel S2600TP 4-Node 64 Core Server 8x Xeon E5-2620 v4, 256GB DDR4 RAM, 2x 1600W picture

Intel S2600TP 4-Node 64 Core Server 8x Xeon E5-2620 v4, 256GB DDR4 RAM, 2x 1600W

$1785.00



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08



AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF picture

AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF

$215.00