View Poll Results: the coolest guitarist ever
- Voters
- 7. You may not vote on this poll
-
randy rhodes
-
eddy van halen
-
angus young
-
jimmy hendrix
-
jimmy page
-
Tunes
hey all...... whats up? anywhoo, i got a noodle scratcher here...
i cant seem to play my music all the time...... sometimes it works...... but now it dont..... i get some error
"
please check that:
1. you have the correct output plugin selected
2. no other programs is blocking the soundcard
3 your soundcard is properly configured"
(gotta love that knoppix gramar)
how can i fix that....... thanks in advance
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Tunes

Originally Posted by
punk000
hey all...... whats up? anywhoo, i got a noodle scratcher here...
i cant seem to play my music all the time...... sometimes it works...... but now it dont..... i get some error
"
please check that:
1. you have the correct output plugin selected
2. no other programs is blocking the soundcard
3 your soundcard is properly configured"
(gotta love that knoppix gramar)
how can i fix that....... thanks in advance
In a console window ps xa | grep arts find the number it returns for arts sound server then kill number_of_sound_server or go into the perferences of xmms and choose use arts for the output plugin instead of oss if arts plugin is not installed then as root in a console window apt-get install xmmsarts and then choose to use arts plugin.
In answer to your poll there is no question Jimi Hendrix.
[edit]
Also you can disable arts on startup by going into the sound & multimedia -> sound system -> arts tab and unchecking the start arts on kde startup in the control center. BTW now that I notice the grammer in the error message is the same in any distro I have used not just knoppix.
[/edit]
[edit2]
Now that I notice more again you spelled Jimi Hendrix's name wrong.
[/edit2]
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hello punk000,
Hello Stephen,
A punk with a grammar attitude -- I love it.
You will be happy to know that the warning:
2. Kein anderes Programm die Soundkarte blockert
in German is correct.
I though it would have been great if Stephen had answered
with a complex linux string grep regexp ...
to correct the grammar error!
Thanks for the question and answer. I will echo this at
http://www.linuxtag.org/cgi-bin/yabb...92197;start=25
Best Wishes
paradocs
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
paradocs
Hello punk000,
Hello Stephen,
A punk with a grammar attitude -- I love it.
You will be happy to know that the warning:
2. Kein anderes Programm die Soundkarte blockert
in German is correct.
I though it would have been great if Stephen had answered
with a complex linux string grep regexp ...
to correct the grammar error!
Thanks for the question and answer. I will echo this at
http://www.linuxtag.org/cgi-bin/yabb...92197;start=25
Best Wishes
paradocs
Your welcome that damn arts server drove me crazy when I ran Mandrake until I figured it out still the same old thing in Debian too.
And while were on the subject of music and grammar how about Nelly and that Country Grammar also punk you spelled grammar wrong and so did I in my first post so much for on the fly spell checking in KDE 3.2, now that I notice one more time.
-
oh, dont worry... ure allowed to have bad grammmar, unless ure german:P lol jkjk
oh, while on the subject of my tunes.. does anyone know what app i can use on knoppix to convert audio files? thanx
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

LG PCS200S Pro:Centric Server Hospitality TV Management System 1U Rackmount
$350.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99