Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: How can I switch from KDE3x to IceWM?

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    42.3° N 122.9° W
    Posts
    166

    How can I switch from KDE3x to IceWM?

    I read all the man files on icewm and the KDE manual but when I try to log off, I'll end up quitting Knoppix too.

    How can I get out of KDE without loosing my Knoppix session.

    When I tried 'icewm' in the terminal, it said a window manager is already running and quits.

    I have a slow Pentium Pro 200 SMP system and wanted to see if icewm will speed up the response.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan USA
    Posts
    199
    <snip>
    How can I get out of KDE without losing my Knoppix session?
    </snip>

    The trick is to go into ICEWM -- not KDE -- at boot. I have not done this, but the [F2] cheat-codes will let you select which GUI you will boot into at startup. It should be possible to save this configuration to a floppy so that it will be loaded at boot.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    42.3° N 122.9° W
    Posts
    166
    I poked around in the boot floppy and saw the referance to F2 cheat codes but no way to edit IceWM in as the default. Once I get PH incorporated into my Knoppix CD, maybe it will automaticly go to IceWM when I resume from my last saved config files.

    Thanx,

  4. #4
    Guest
    I'm posting from Knoppix/IceWM/Mosilla. I'm playing around trying to get the HDs mounted so I can grab some better WP than this charcoal background.

    Thanx again,

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    42.3° N 122.9° W
    Posts
    166
    Opps, I forgot to log in as myself.

Similar Threads

  1. installed icewm, cannot get back into kde
    By helios17 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-03-2004, 01:58 AM
  2. Use IceWM instead of KDE
    By uraclea2002 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-08-2004, 01:35 AM
  3. change startup: iceWM instead of KDE
    By bafl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-10-2004, 11:32 AM
  4. can icewm run openoffice?
    By kscott9 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-01-2004, 04:12 PM
  5. Icewm vs Icewm-gnome?
    By beforewisdom in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-31-2003, 12:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5  2x6248R  24 core 3.0G   24x64g DDR4-2933 ram picture

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram

$112000.00



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$96.60



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08