-
Senior Member
registered user
How can I switch from KDE3x to IceWM?
I read all the man files on icewm and the KDE manual but when I try to log off, I'll end up quitting Knoppix too.
How can I get out of KDE without loosing my Knoppix session.
When I tried 'icewm' in the terminal, it said a window manager is already running and quits.
I have a slow Pentium Pro 200 SMP system and wanted to see if icewm will speed up the response.
-
Senior Member
registered user
<snip>
How can I get out of KDE without losing my Knoppix session?
</snip>
The trick is to go into ICEWM -- not KDE -- at boot. I have not done this, but the [F2] cheat-codes will let you select which GUI you will boot into at startup. It should be possible to save this configuration to a floppy so that it will be loaded at boot.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I poked around in the boot floppy and saw the referance to F2 cheat codes but no way to edit IceWM in as the default. Once I get PH incorporated into my Knoppix CD, maybe it will automaticly go to IceWM when I resume from my last saved config files.
Thanx,
-
I'm posting from Knoppix/IceWM/Mosilla. I'm playing around trying to get the HDs mounted so I can grab some better WP than this charcoal background.
Thanx again,
-
Senior Member
registered user
Opps, I forgot to log in as myself.
Similar Threads
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-03-2004, 01:58 AM
-
By uraclea2002 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-08-2004, 01:35 AM
-
By bafl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-10-2004, 11:32 AM
-
By kscott9 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-01-2004, 04:12 PM
-
By beforewisdom in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 12:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Dell Constellation ES.3 3TB Enterprise-class Hard Drive (Wiped & Tested)
$39.00

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99