Is this what you're looking for?
Someone can help me in this? What i have change for rename user knoppix with other, i want only change the name( the home directory is indiferent);
Is this what you're looking for?
Thank you, , but i also want to change the user in the live CD, someone know what i have to do?
Same as you here, I am look for a way to do that.
But for me I prefer to have user enter ID and passwords.
My purpose is to have different users access to different network shares on the Windows based file server. Via Samba of course.
But I guess this answer could be in the <networking> folder of forum. I will look on.
![]()
I haven't done this myself, but have you just tried the adduser command? What are the results?
I think you are right, the add user is the 1st thing to do, then have to learn how to update that added user back into the CD.![]()
I've been trying to do this, but it never works. I'm guessing you need to install to the HD first...

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 5 Touch 14” Laptop Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$249.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 Chromebook - 14" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - MediaTek Kom...
$189.00
Lenovo ThinkPad laptop T490 14" i5 8365U 16GB NEW 256gb SSD WIN 11 pro CAM WIFI
$259.99
Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI
$144.00